The ITLS Basic course provides the core of knowledge and skills appropriate for all levels of EMS personnel.
The ITLS Advanced course builds on this knowledge, emphasizing evaluation steps and sequencing as well as techniques for resuscitating and packaging patients. ITLS Advanced is appropriate for paramedics, trauma nurses, doctors and other advanced EMS personnel.
- Scene Size-up
- Trauma Assessment and Management
- Airway Management
- Thoracic Trauma
- Head Trauma
- Spinal Trauma
- Abdominal Trauma
- Extremity Trauma
- Pediatric Trauma
- Geriatric Trauma
- Trauma in Pregnancy
- The Impaired Patient
- Trauma Arrest
- Standard Precautions
- Patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Spine management: Short SMR devices/Emergency rescue and rapid extrication
- Spine management: Helmet management/Log roll/Long backboard
- Traction splints
- Chest decompression/Fluid resuscitation
Upon successful completion of this course certificate of participation from International Trauma Life Support is awarded which is internationally valid for three years as well as the Oman Medical Specialty Board credit point certificate of attendance.